I came up with a new release of my upcoming video game Skywalk.
This time I added these few things :
- Enemy’s firing ability.
- Enemy’s displacement according to a predefined movement pattern.
- Collision Detection between the player’s bullets and the enemy’s body.
- Collision Detection between the enemy’s bullets and the player’s body.
- Collision Detection between the player’s body and the enemy’s body.
- Some basic scripting through a class ( will be converted later to a text file) : loading the player, backgrounds and enemies.
- Basic visual effects such as bullets impact, sprites highlighting, and random inaccurate firing.
I will try to implement in the next release one of the most fundamental gameplay mechanics in Skywalk besides Firing and Dashing : the Shield and Counter-attack functionnality.
Code Statistics :
(even though I don’t appreciate the Lines of code as a way to ‘measure’ projects, I find it sometimes helpful to determine projects complexity and progress, so here it is)
Actual lines of code : 2313
Added lines of code since previous release : 924
But as it is said :
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.